To provide a community based partnership in South Eastern Alberta that integrates academic, applied learning and career awareness to support youth in making a successful transition from school to work or post-secondary education.
Through a coordinated effort, youth will have optimal access to career development resources and be better prepared to take advantage of relevant learning and workplace opportunities.
- That learners are central to what we do.
- Honesty, integrity, compatibility of purpose, trustworthiness and reliability describe the relationship between members of the partnership and youth.
- Efforts will be directed toward enhancing youth career exploration and development in the trades and selected career pathways.
- Goals, expectations, informed decisions and successes are based on a clear statement of purpose, evaluative strategies, measures, and performance assessments, which guide healthy and energetic actions.
- Resources (human and fiscal) will be shared to maximize opportunities for youth career development.
- Provincial networking and sharing of "best practices" by Careers: The Next Generation and other partnerships will be encouraged.
- To establish partnerships with organizations that will support our goals.
- To market programs to the key stakeholders in South Eastern Alberta communities i.e. students, parents, businesses.
- To assist in establishing workplace opportunities for students to explore career pathways and to enhance employability skills.
- To support the coordination of career development initiatives, such as Registered Apprenticeship Program, Co-op Apprenticeships, Health Services Summer Internships, Career Prep, Skills Canada, Career Fairs, Junior Achievement, and Take Our Kids to Work.
- To build a future talent pool for South Eastern Alberta in the trades, health services, and other career pathways.
- To promote the goals of Alberta Education:
- High Quality Learning Opportunities
- Excellence in Student Learning Outcomes
- Success for First Nations, Metis and Inuit Students
- Highly Responsive and Responsible Education System
- To encourage a better understanding of the value and purpose of Employability Skills Portfolios to our students, parents, and community.
- To provide a clearinghouse for information and resources to educators.